TAN Registration

Tax Deduction Account Number or Tax Collection Account Number is a 10-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income-tax Department (we will refer to it as TAN). TAN is to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting tax at source (TDS) or who are required to collect tax at source (TCS).


Who is required to obtain TAN card?


  • Every person liable to deduct tax at source or collect tax at source is required to obtain TAN. However, a person required to deduct tax under section 194-IA can use PAN in place of TAN as such person is not required to obtain TAN.
  • Further, a person required to deduct tax under section 194-IB shall not be required to obtain tax deduction account number (TAN).
  • As per section 194-IB (as inserted by Finance Act, 2017), any individual or HUF [whose books of account are not required to be audited under section 44AB] is liable to deduct tax at the rate of 5% while making payment of rent of any land or building or both to a resident person if amount of rent exceeds INR 50,000 for a month or part of a month.


Documents required to show mandatory TAN number: –


As per section 203A of the Income-tax Act, 1961, every person who deducts or collects tax at source must apply for the allotment of TAN. Section 203A also makes it mandatory to quote TAN in following documents:

  • TCS statements i.e. return
  • Statement of financial transactions or reportable accounts
  • Challans for payment of TDS/TCS
  • TDS/TCS certificates
  • Other documents as may be prescribed


Procedure to apply for TAN registration: –


  • A person wishing to obtain TAN can apply for TAN by submitting the TAN application form (Form 49B) along with the related documents and prescribed fees to our team.
  • Our team shall process your TAN application and will share TAN acknowledgement
  • Hard copy of TAN card will be send to you through courier and you will also receive soft copy of TAN card through mail.


Documents Required: –


  • Filled and signed TAN application form (Form 49B)
  • Identity Proof of applicant

Copy of Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card in case of individual

Partnership deed

in case of Partnership firm

  • Address proof

Copy of Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card in case of individual

Electricity/ Telephone bill in case of Partnership firm

We work closely with you and carry out research to understand your needs and wishes.
Click to call now